lil-yachty-anton-mak-cc-by-2-0
Lil Yachty will be the third performer at Penn’s 2022 Spring Fling concert, according to the Social Planning and Events Committee (Photo by Anton Mak | CC BY 2.0).

The Social Planning and Events Committee announced on Instagram  that Lil Yachty will be the third performer at Penn’s Spring Fling concert on Friday.

Lil Yachty — a rapper from Atlanta — first gained popularity in 2015 with singles “One Night” and “Minnesota." All of his albums have charted in the top 20 of the Billboard 200 list, and he has been nominated for two Grammy Awards. He is now known for popular songs such as "iSpy" and "Magic in the Hamptons."

Cheat Codes and Flo Milli will headline the concert, which will take place in Penn Park at 8 p.m. This year's concert will be the first to be held in person since 2019. 

SPEC announced the first two performers of the concert lineup – along with the logo and theme for the April 9 Daytime Fling event – at a launch party event in the ARCH building. SPEC also hinted at a “surprise guest” in the original announcement.

Daytime Fling will have a carnival theme, with the title “Revival of the Fling." The event will feature food vendors, giveaways, inflatables, games, and live performances by student groups and bands in Penn Park.

SPEC traditionally hosts the Spring Fling event each spring — recently in Penn Park, and previously in the Quad — but the event was canceled in 2020 due to COVID-19 and held online in 2021. The virtual, two-weekend 2021 Fling featured seven total artists, including Louis the Child and Chloe x Halle.

In its 47 in-person iterations, Spring Fling has hosted a number of big names, including Chance the Rapper, Kesha, Kygo, and Tiësto. In the most recent in-person event, in 2019, Miguel and J.I.D performed.

Tickets are available online for $45 to this year’s Fling concert.