design-xyz-3-copy

From top, clockwise: Chloe x Halle, Wizkid, and Wale will perform at Penn's Spring Fling on Apr. 16 and Apr. 17.

Chloe x Halle, Wale, and Wizkid will perform for the second weekend of Spring Fling on April 16 and April 17, Penn's Social Planning and Events Committee announced Wednesday night.

Sister R&B duo Chloe x Halle will perform Friday night, and rapper Wale and Nigerian singer-songwriter Wizkid will perform Saturday night. SPEC previously hosted Gryffin, Cherub, Rina Sawayama, and Louis the Child for the first weekend of Fling on April 9 and April 10.

Chloe x Halle’s 2020 album “Ungodly Hour” — their second album — earned them two Grammy nominations. The duo has also starred in the ABC sitcom "Grown-ish", for which they wrote the theme song.

In 2019, Wale released his sixth album, titled "Wow… That’s Crazy." Since his 2006 debut, two of his previous albums have ranked at number one on the Billboard 200.

Wizkid released his first album in 2011, and rose to international fame when he was featured on Drake’s hit song “One Dance” in 2016. He is the most-streamed Nigerian artist of all time on Spotify. 

Nursing senior and SPEC Concerts Director Shanaya Cross said the second weekend has a "different vibe" than the first one, which featured multiple EDM artists. Cross said SPEC thought the three artists this week blended together well.

"We just want to appeal to as many people as possible," Cross said. "As long as everybody has at least one show that they're super excited for, we feel like we've done our job."

Cross previously told The Daily Pennsylvanian that the flexibility of virtual performances allowed SPEC to bring in a wider range and greater number of artists than a typical year. At seven musicians in total, this year’s Fling will feature approximately twice as many artists as SPEC has ever had in the past.

Tickets, which are free, must be reserved in advance in order to attend the virtual concert. One ticket allows students to view both weekends’ concerts.