Submit a Column
During the semester, submissions are considered on an ongoing, rolling basis.
Guest Column Submission Guidelines
- Submissions should be 650 to 800 words.
- The author of the submission must be a member of the Penn community: student, alumni, staff or faculty.
- The topic must have relevance to the Penn community.
- No personal attacks are allowed.
- Submissions authored by a single person are preferred over pieces signed by a general body.
- No promotional pieces. The purpose of the Opinion page is to generate and/or continue discussion within the Penn community.
Letters to the Editor Submission Guidelines
Letters to the Editor follow the same guidelines as guest columns with one major difference. The word limit for Letters is 300. All submissions become property of the DP and are subject to editing for style, clarity and space concerns. Anonymous submissions will be read, but not printed.