copabanana
An aggravated assault occurred at Copabanana on Nov. 14. Credit: Avalon Morell

Assault:

Nov. 10: The complainant, a hospital employee, was struck by the defendant, who was a patient. The incident occurred at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, located at 3400 Spruce St., at about 3:27 a.m.

Aggravated Assault:

Nov. 14: The complainant was struck in the face with a glass, causing a laceration to the forehead. The complainant was then sprayed in the face with pepper spray by an unidentified customer. The incident occurred at Copabanana, located at 4000 Spruce St., at about 9:51 p.m.

DUI:

Nov. 9: Police observed the suspect drive his vehicle erratically, striking the curb, and then parking. He exited the vehicle, appearing disoriented and unsteady on his feet. Upon investigation, officers found the suspect to have glassy, bloodshot eyes, slurred speech, and he smelled of alcohol. The incident occurred on the 3700 block of Spruce Street at about 2:39 a.m. The 27-year-old unaffiliated male suspect, Cory Frey, was arrested.

Nov. 14: Police observed the suspect drive erratically, hitting a parked car, and then stopping his vehicle. Upon investigation, the suspect was found asleep behind the wheel of his running vehicle, displaying indications of drug intoxication. Suspected narcotics were visible in the vehicle. The incident occurred on the 4100 block of Sansom Street, at about 12:27 a.m. The 21-year-old unaffiliated male suspect, Sied Ali-Young, was arrested.

Defiant Trespass:

Nov. 11: The suspect was observed within a private building with no cause to be there. She had been instructed to leave on multiple occasions and told not to return. The incident occurred at Fisher-Bennett Hall, located at 3340 Walnut St., at about 12:35 p.m.The 28-year-old unaffiliated female suspect, Katherine Aseltine, was cited for defiant trespass.

Disorderly Conduct:

Nov. 14: The complainant was asked to move away from  the restaurant's access ramp at Spread Bagelry, located at 3602 Chestnut St., at about 12:06 p.m. Police offered outreach support and asked him again to move from blocking the ramp. The suspect became combative and physically aggressive. The 36-year-old unaffiliated male suspect, George Dunbar, was cited for disorderly conduct.

Bike Theft:

Nov. 8: The complainant reported leaving her bike secured with a cable lock to the bike rack, but it was gone when she returned. The incident occurred at the Chemistry Laboratories, located at 231 S. 34th St., at about 5 a.m.

Nov. 11: The complainant reported leaving his bike secured with a cable lock to the bike rack, but it was gone when he returned. The incident occurred at Penn Law, located at 3501 Sansom St., at about 8:50 a.m.

Nov. 11: The complainant reported leaving his bike secured with a U-lock to the bike rack, but it was gone when he returned. The incident occurred at Huntsman Hall, located at 3730 Walnut St., at about 8:34 p.m.

Nov. 11: A DPS-owned bait bike was cut from its secured location and stolen by the suspect. The incident occurred at Williams Hall, located at 255 S. 36th St., at about 8:34 p.m. Police tracked the suspect and took him into custody. The 32-year-old unaffiliated male suspect, William Lush, was arrested.

Theft from Building:

Nov. 8: The complainant reported that someone took her watch from her desk. The incident occurred at Levine Hall, located at 3330 Walnut St., at about 8 p.m.

Nov. 11: The complainant reported that his bag with his laptop and personal items was missing from an unsecured locker at Pottruck Health and Fitness Center, located at 3701 Walnut St., at about 4:15 p.m.

Nov. 13: The complainant reported cash missing from two secured rooms at the Perelman Center for Political Science, located at 133 S. 36th St., at about 2:11 p.m.

Retail Theft:

Nov. 8: The complainant reported that a male entered the store, took merchandise, and exited the store without paying. The incident occurred at Bluemercury, located at 3603 Walnut St., at about 3:41 p.m.

Nov. 11: The complainant observed the suspect take merchandise and place it in her bag. When she was stopped and asked about the hidden items, she admitted that she did not intend to pay for them. The incident occurred at the CVS located at 3925 Walnut St. at about 2:09 p.m. The 33-year-old unaffiliated female suspect, Katie Kinkel, was arrested.