'Apprentice' winner Kendra Todd speaks at a Dove and 'Cosmopolitan' sponsored event. The panelists told the crowd to keep hunting for their dream job, and to not be afraid to take risks. [Jeff Hammond/The Daily Pennsylvanian]

For all those students unsure about whether their major will land them their "dream job," there's good news -- success is still attainable.

"Most people aren't majoring in [the field] that will lead to their dream job," said Kendra Todd, the most recent winner of the business-oriented reality show The Apprentice.

Todd spoke last night in Zellerbach Theatre, along with three other prominent women in their professions, including the producer of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the creative services director of Cosmopolitan magazine, and the author of Sexy Jobs in the City. The event was hosted by the Wharton Women organization.

The women took turns giving speeches about what they do for a living, how they got to their high-ranking positions, and most of all, why they love their jobs.

"Looking for your dream job is like looking for your dream guy," said Wendy Straker, author of Sexy Jobs in the City and columnist for the New York Post, "it takes patience, persistence and a lot of dating around."

"Every single day I wake up and I can't wait to go into work ...and I feel like that's what a career should be," said producer and Penn alumna Lori Blackman, who has won an Emmy for her work on Ellen.

Jennifer Lanzarone, who works with nearly every aspect of Cosmopolitan magazine, encouraged audience members to learn from their past experiences and to apply them in the workplace. She also suggested taking risks to find a "dream job," saying, "Sometimes you have to make the leap to leave" your current job.

Todd, who graduated only five years ago and now works for real estate mogul Donald Trump in addition to overseeing her own real estate company, talked about her uncertainty in college.

"I had no idea what I wanted to be when I got my diploma ... [and] I changed my major, like, five times," she said.

The event, which was sponsored by Dove and Cosmopolitan, also awarded two audience members with internships for next summer.

Attendants were inspired by the presentation, asking questions about what employers look for in potential employees.

"Give a good handshake--it's equivalent to first base in the dating world," said Straker.

Most of the more than 350 attendees seemed pleased with the event, as well as with the included gift bags.

"Kendra was the most interesting because she was younger" and easier to relate to, College freshman Elizabeth Good said.

"They all accomplished so much," Wharton junior Leah Karasik added.