lauv-photo-by-harald-krichel-cc-by-sa-4-0

American singer and songwriter Lauv will headline the concert for Spring Fling this year (Photo by Harald Krichel | CC BY-SA 4.0).

Lauv will headline the concert for the 50th anniversary of Spring Fling this month.

The concert will take place in Penn Park on Friday, April 21, and will be followed by the Daytime Fling event on Saturday, April 22. The times for both events have yet to be announced.

Penn’s Social Planning and Events Committee unveiled the headliner on their Instagram page on April 3.

SPEC said that they will announce "special guests" for the concert in the near future.

The theme for this year’s Daytime Fling, which is free for Penn students and their guests, will celebrate the event’s 50th anniversary, titled “Golden Spring.” The free event will include various giveaways, food vendors, games, and more at Penn Park.

Lauv — an American singer and songwriter — is best known for his 2017 hit, “I Like Me Better,” and his first album, “How I’m Feeling,” which debuted at No. 16 on the Billboard 200 chart. Lauv has also written songs for Charli XCX, Cheat Codes, and Ellie Goulding.

This year will be the second in-person event since the COVID-19 pandemic. Last year, Cheat Codes and Flo Milli headlined the concert, and Lil Yachty opened the show

This year’s Spring Fling will celebrate the event’s 50th anniversary, titled “Golden Spring” (Design courtesy of SPEC).

SPEC Treasurer and College senior Jeffrey Yu said that students began planning this event at the start of the school year in September. He said that listening to student feedback has been integral to the process.

“We work with agencies and try to find talent that both is within our budget and appeases the student body,” Yu said. “This year, a lot of artists are going on tours or hosting different events, so navigating all of that has been a challenge, but it has also paid off.”

Yu said that compared to previous years, this year’s concert will be more of a “festival experience” with concessions, photo opportunities, and other activities.

“Spring Fling is going to be a really great time,” Yu said. “It is going to be a way to celebrate the end of classes and the end of the year.”

In its previous iterations, Spring Fling’s concert has featured artists including Chance the Rapper, Kesha, and Tiësto.

Students can purchase tickets for the concert online.