4-25-2019-softball-emma-nedley-tamara-wurman

Penn softball has been on a winning streak due to Emma Nedley's strong contributions in their recent double headers.

Credit: Tamara Wurman

Penn softball has been on a winning streak, and junior outfielder Emma Nedley has played a large part in that success, earning her DP Sports Player of the Week.

The Quakers played two doubleheaders this past week, facing off against local rivals Villanova and La Salle. The Red and Blue split the two contests against the Wildcats, with Nedley reaching base a total of three times. In Penn’s sweep of the Explorers, Nedley headlined the team’s strong offensive performance, accumulating four hits, three runs scored, and two RBIs in the pair of contests.

In the Quakers’ first game against La Salle, it was Nedley who scored the game’s opening run after lining a double to centerfield. An inning later, she added an RBI single to help extend the lead that the Red and Blue held onto for the rest of the game.

Later that day, in the doubleheader’s second contest, Nedley once again scored the game’s opening run after reaching base on a leadoff single. Her offensive production didn’t stop there, however, as Nedley closed out her week with a solo home run in the seventh inning to seal the Quakers’ sweep of the Explorers.

Nedley’s big week brings her to 10 hits, six RBIs, two home runs, and four runs scored on the shortened season. The junior will look to build on her performance next week, when Penn hosts St. Joseph’s for the second time this season.