dps
Credit: Julio Sosa

Aggravated Assault:

March 19: At 5:13 p.m., an unaffiliated 28-year-old woman reported being sprayed in the face with pepper spray after an argument over a scratched vehicle at the intersection of 42nd and Walnut streets. An unaffiliated 41-year-old woman was arrested following the incident.

Burglary:

March 23: At 9:30 a.m., an affiliated 26-year-old woman reported that a secured door at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania had been tampered with. It was discovered later that no one had gained entrance to the building. 

Fire Incident:

March 20: At 5:51 p.m., an affiliated 19-year-old woman reported a stove-top grease fire inside a room at Harrison College House. Penn Police along with the Fire Department and emergency services responded to and extinguished the fire.

Fraud:

March 18: At 8 p.m., an affiliated 18-year-old woman reported that unauthorized charges were made on her credit card on the 3700 block of Spruce Street. 

Other Offense:

March 18: At 8:26 a.m., an unaffiliated 43-year-old man was observed loitering outside the 7-11 on Walnut Street near 42nd. He had been wanted for violation of probation and was arrested.

March 21: At 6:54 p.m., an unaffiliated 19-year-old man was stopped for investigation on Walnut Street near 39th Street, found to be fitting flash information and was cited for providing false information. He was subsequently arrested.

March 22: At 1:25 a.m., an unaffiliated juvenile was observed using bolt cutters to remove a bike from a bike rack outside of Harnwell College House. He was found to possess a BB Gun, was cited for a City Ordinance Violation and was subsequently arrested.

Vandalism:

March 19: At 3:33 a.m., an affiliated 22-year-old man was arrested for defacing and damaging a door inside the McDonald’s near 40th and Walnut streets. 

Theft:

Theft from Building: 5

Bike: 2

From Vehicle: 1