bn_jhjulio024_as_smart_object1

Burglary and assault were among the crimes that occurred in the Penn Patrol Zone between March 11 and March 17.

Credit: Julio Sosa

Assault:

Mar. 15: At 4:34 p.m., a 43-year-old woman reported being assaulted by someone she knew at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine. The assaulter swung at her with a box cutter, cutting her jeans.

Burglary:

Mar. 14: At 12:55 a.m., an affiliated 21-year-old man reported that an unknown person was in his home near the intersection of 42nd and Walnut streets and had been going through his drawers.

Drunkenness:

Mar. 12: At 2:27 a.m., an unaffiliated 27-year-old man was arrested on Market Street near 39th for behaving belligerently and yelling, causing a crowd to gather. He was cited for disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.

Mar. 12: At 7:59 a.m., an unaffiliated 22-year-old man was arrested at Cavanaugh’s near the intersection of 39th and Sansom streets after being observed to be under the influence and to be behaving in a hazardous manner.

Mar. 12: At 3:04 p.m., an unaffiliated 24-year-old man was arrested on Irving Street near 39th after causing a hazardous condition while medics were responding to a call for service.

Narcotic:

Mar. 15: At 8:30 a.m., three people were arrested on Market Street near 40th. The first person was observed buying narcotics from an unaffiliated 31-year-old man. An unaffiliated 55-year-old man was also arrested at the time.

Other Offense (Loitering):

Mar. 17: At 8:57 a.m., an unaffiliated 31-year-old man, was asked by Dunkin’ Donuts workers to leave the store on 40th Street near Walnut. After he failed to comply, he was cited for loitering and arrested.

Sex Offense:

Confidential

Theft:

From Building: 5

Retail: 3, with one arrest of an unaffiliated 52-year-old man.

Bike: 1