In a surprising turn of events, the Office of the Vice Provost for University Life announced that a basketball megastar may soon fill the vacant position of Pan-Asian American Community House director.

On Tuesday afternoon, PAACH sent out an email to the Asian Pacific Student Coalition stating that New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin will be joining the pool of viable candidates for PAACH director.

Lin recently underwent season-ending surgery to repair a meniscus tear in his left knee. With the six-week recovery period putting an abrupt halt to his fairytale run in the NBA, Lin tweeted a confession saying, “Thanks for all your support, but I feel I need to take a break from all this Linsanity pressure.”

Shortly after, members of the PAACH director search committee saw the message and initiated talks with Lin’s agent to bring him to Penn’s campus. Within hours, Lin agreed to join the applicant pool and fired off a second celebratory tweet saying, “Got offered a chance to be PAACH director at Penn! #betterthanZackRosen.”

News of Lin’s potential arrival on campus has already generated an enormous amount of excitement from the APSC community. Engineering junior and APSC Chair Michelle Leong said, “Lin embodies everything we would want in a director. He’s a role model for us all.”

Associate Director of PAACH Shiella Cervantes agreed, adding that Lin’s international celebrity status could offer PAACH invaluable benefits by attracting “global attention to our community efforts.”

However, some students have protested this sudden announcement. For College junior Nil Ymerej, the addition of Lin to the candidacy pool caters more to the business interests of the University rather than those of the PAACH community.

“It’s ridiculous how Lin was just added to the process so late in the game,” Ymerej said. “The University is literally holding his hand through the entire process just because of the potential advantages he can bring to Penn.”

For more information, check out this related story.