Abye, Scott and CampAbye, Scott and Camplook to fill Stokes' shoes As the Penn football team prepares to defend its second consecutive Ivy League championship, the primary offensive skill positions -- running backs and receivers -- pose interesting questions for coach Al Bagnoli and his staff. The wide receiver position is like an open-book final exam question. No problem. All Bagnoli has to do is open up last year's statistics and game summaries. The answers -- Miles Macik and Mark Fabish -- will be staring him smack in the face. Penn enters the 1995 campaign with what looks to be an especially strong group of wideouts. Leading the way, of course, is Macik. The two-time all-American holds virtually every Penn receiving record and figures to keep giving Ivy defensive coordinators headaches. Last season, he hauled in 60 catches for an average of 78.7 receiving yards per game. Macik's partner-in-crime will be Fabish, who also stars as a member of the Quakers' special teams. The junior started two games last season and will inherit the starting position vacated by the graduated Leo Congeni. Lending key support to these two will be seniors Felix Rouse and Erik Thompson. "I think it's probably the best receiving corp Penn has ever had," quarterback Mark DeRosa said. "I'm lucky to be the quarterback who gets to throw to these guys. It goes really deep. We could substitute five or six guys in and out and have confidence in all of them." As for the running back position, things are more like a difficult essay exam. Bagnoli and offensive coordinator Chuck Priore have some ideas based on last year's team, but they can't just open the old game notes and call it quits -- Penn superstar running back Terrance Stokes has graduated. So based on what they know about Aman Abye and Jasen Scott, Bagnoli and Priore will have to shape a somewhat creative answer. When Scott and Abye were utilized sparingly last season, there were numerous flashes of brilliance -- they combined for 324 yards on the ground. Bagnoli has indicated he plans to use these two, along with Dion Camp, as a ground attack by committee. Camp is the fastest of the trio. "I'm not sure we have a singular person who can do all for us that Terrance did," Bagnoli said. "But maybe collectively the group of guys we have can do all that he was able to last season." One simple factor that should help Abye and Scott is that with Stokes gone, their respective number of carries is sure to increase. And more opportunities to handle the ball should mean improved chances to get a feel for their roles in the Quakers' offense. "Last year we got a little taste of it, but everyone knew Terrance was the go-to guy," Scott said. "I think that this year we're all eager to get in there and show everyone what we can do for the team." As this weekend's season-opener against rival Dartmouth approaches, Al Bagnoli will try to refine his answers to the questions of backs and receivers. If his wideouts perform as expected, he may only need partial credit on the running back portion of the exam. But finding the right answer to both questions would certainly help Penn in its quest for a third straight title.