A student was assaulted by a man on the 4500 block of Larchwood Street Monday night, University Police said yesterday. A man hit the student in the face and head with a rock in an attempted robbery at about 11 p.m. Monday, University Police Sergeant Ivan Kimball said last night. The man fled the scene following the incident and the victim was taken to the emergency room of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Kimball said. Kimball added that he did not have information on any injuries the student may have sustained. He said that the man did not take anything from the student in the assault. He added that the victim was not able to provide a detailed description of the perpetrator and the police have made no arrests at this point. In an unrelated incident, a patron assaulted a female employee at the Won Oriental Restaurant Tuesday night, according to Kimball. Kimball said that the patron was apparently having a dispute with the employee and an altercation ensued. The employee was advised by police to file a private criminal complaint, Kimball said, but she did not wish to pursue the matter further. The employee did sustain minor injuries, Kimball said, but he did not know any additional details.