Over 400 fraternity members marched in silent protest to President Sheldon Hackney's house last night to present demands regarding the president's proposal to increase the diversity of students living on Locust Walk. Interfraternity Council President Bret Kinsella read a resolution calling for Hackney to include fraternity members on the committee which will formulate proposals for diversifying Locust Walk. The resolution also called on Hackney to prevent any fraternities from being relocated without "due process" in the University judicial system. Hackney announced his intensions to increase the representation of women and minority students on Locust Walk at a University Council meeting last week. In a separate statement last night, the IFC criticized the administration for what it said is the University's lack of recognition of fraternity contributions. The statement said that the administration has not fulfilled its "self-assumed obligation to advocate the Greek system." In the 40-minute protest, the fraternity members gathered on College Green at 10 p.m. and walked down Locust Walk to Hackney's residence in the 3800 block of Walnut, where they gathered for more than 10 minutes. Hackney came outside to listen to the group's demands, and spoke with several IFC leaders before re-entering his house. According to Kinsella, the IFC unanimously decided to hold the protest at a meeting yesterday evening. IFC Vice President David Hecht called the rally "the greatest thing we've done in the Greek system in 10 years." Hackney said last night that the his proposal to diversify the Walk is "not an attack on fraternities or the fraternity system, but a statement of a goal for diversity on the Walk." The president added that fraternities would be represented on the committee to diversify the Walk, which he said will be appointed in the "next couple of weeks." The committee will be headed by Vice Provost for University Life Kim Morrisson and Mechanical Engineering Chairperson David Pope. According to Hecht, the number of fraternity members who participated in the protest demonstrates the IFC's influence and unity. Kinsella said that he was pleased with Hackney's response to the fraternities' demands, adding that the he expects the administration to continue to be receptive to fraternity input. "We feel that we are in a partnership with the University and I think that the University, with a little encouragement, will cooperate with us in the future," Kinsella said. "We are seeking a commitment from the president and we would like his support in recognizing the progress the fraternity system has made." Hackney said that he was impressed with the manner in which the protesters presented their demands, adding that "I appreciated the decorum of the group."