The Student Sustainability Association at Penn kicked off its fall Green Week yesterday, marking the fourth installment of this weeklong series to raise awareness of environmental issues.

In the past, SSAP has only organized a Green Week once a year, always during the spring semester.

However, as the event’s popularity grew on campus and SSAP continued building relationships with other campus groups, it decided to make Green Week semi-annual this year.

“We’ve been reaching out to a lot of other groups not necessarily in SSAP,” College junior and SSAP Co-President Sara Allan said.

Related: Divestment group faces uphill fight at Penn

She added that while Green Week had generally left students eager to get more involved in sustainability on campus, “we wanted to get people excited earlier in the year and really build on that enthusiasm.”

Besides having a much longer roster of events this year, Green Week will also sponsor a couple of new activities, including two tours — in the Music Building and the Singh Center for Nanotechnology — led by Penn Environmental Group on Wednesday.

In addition, three events will move Green Week outside campus — one at Bartram’s Garden near the Schuylkill River and two at Morris Arboretum.

The week’s first event, held on Sunday in Houston Hall, was a make-your-own-sundae social sponsored by Penn Vegan Society and PennCycle.

On Monday afternoon, Green Acorn — an eco-consulting firm founded in 2009 by three College undergraduates — will be out on Locust Walk selling “Monday Munchies,” including brownies, cookies and fruit from two of its sustainable businesses.