The Nominations and Elections Committee announced Sunday that College junior Matt Amalfitano will serve as the Undergraduate Assembly’s first-ever president.

College junior Mark Pan will serve as vice president.

Amalfitano received 1,822 votes compared to Grant Dubler's 992. Pan got 2,205 of the 6,064 total available points given to the three vice-presidential candidates. Voting allowed students to rank their choices one, two or three.

"I’m really happy. [The victory] represents a lot of work from a lot of my friends. This was never about me. It was about the school and it was about people coming around and being part of something bigger than them," Amalfitano said.

Dubler, who lost to Amalfitano, said he was proud of the way the race was run.

"Matt will be an incredible UA president. We had small differences on the campaign trial, but he’s the type of person who will bring so many different points of view to the UA," Dubler said.

Both Amalfitano and Dubler thanked their voters and campaign managers.

UA Chairman Alec Webley, a College junior, was "delighted" with the results.

"Matt and Mark will not only be exemplary leaders of the UA — they will be exemplary leaders of the student body. Today we continue the great work of truly bringing Penn students together, and there are no more qualified people to do that than Matt Amalfitano and Mark Pan," Webley wrote in an e-mail.

The announcement was made in Huntsman Hall at 6:00 p.m. The results, which were supposed to be released Friday after voting ended, were delayed for an NEC meeting to discuss campaign violations.

The NEC reported an overall voter turnout rate of 49.03 percent — or 3,560 voters. This number fell short of the goal of 55 percent.

The UA’s referendum, passed in December, created the positions of president and vice president to replace chair and vice chair for external affairs. The referendum also called for the first-ever direct election. The UA’s top positions were formerly decided within the body.

Staff reporter Jenny Chung contributed to this article.