Harvard University

Harvard University President Drew Faust announced an updated sexual assault policy, that if approved, would mark the first time all the schools within the University would be required to comply with the same set of rules regarding sexual assault. The policy is the product of a working group created in May 2013, The Harvard Crimson reported. The announcement comes after The Crimson sparked campus-wide conversation about sexual assault and federal Title IX regulations changed.

Tufts University

A research group at Tufts is developing an iPad and Android application with the MIT Media Lab that teaches young children the basics of coding. ScratchJr allows young children to be creative and make their own stories, games and animations. The creators see coding as a form of self-expression that that also allows kids to learn problem-solving skills at the same time. The idea for the app comes from Scratch, a similar app by the MIT Media Lab for older kids.  

Georgetown University

Georgetown's Kennedy Institute of of Ethics launched its first massive open online course. Introduction to Bioethics will last six weeks and already has over 25,000 people enrolled from around the world. Concerns about the level of intimacy needed to discuss certain ethical issues and the ability to do so over an online platform. Professors argue, however, that teaching the class has changed their perspectives on the classroom experience.

Dartmouth University

An alumnus at Darmouth was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and assault. The police received a call from the President's Office about a man who was 'out of control,' 'aggressive and very disorderly.' While the exact reason for his behavior is yet to be determined, David Vincelette, who graduated in 1984, had previously expressed concern about environmental issues , such as the pollution of rivers in the area, and even sued the town of Hanover in 2012.