Get ready to get healthy.

Faculty, staff and students have chosen health to be the theme for the 2014-2015 academic year. As with every year, each theme is meant to give all schools and centers a way to participate.

Health is “central to the mission of medicine,” Director of New Student Orientation and Academic Initiatives David Fox said. “This is so rich with topics from everybody that it just seems right.”

Next year’s theme also coincides with the 250th anniversary of Penn’s Perelman School of Medicine.

“We wanted to use something as wide and impactful as the years to promote but also make people aware of what they have right on their campus,” Penn Medicine Executive Director of Services Jules Spaeth said. She said that it “struck” her that there are many people who have no idea of the “caliber of education, health care, research and patient care right here on Penn’s campus.”

Related: New Penn Medicine outpatient building centralizes care

The idea came about three years ago when Penn Med called Fox to express interest in a partnership.

“The bricks were laid for this pretty early on,” Fox said.

He and the theme year steering committee are currently working with Maureen Voll, director of development data, research and analysis for Penn Medicine Development and Alumni Relations, to plan out details and events.

“We want to help them get excited about one more reason to be proud of Penn,” Spaeth added.

Related: Measuring impact of Penn Med CAREs grants