Plenty of games will be played at this year’s Fall Fest, which will boast a Monopoly theme.

Canadian electronic band Holy Fuck will also play at a concert on Sept. 24 on College Green.

The event will also showcase student performances and a kick-off by DJ Sega, a Philadelphia-based disc jockey endorsed by Diplo.

“It’s a good way to give freshmen another sense of what Penn has to offer,” College junior and Social Planning and Events Committee Secretary Josh Oppenheimer said. “It’s also a great way to say welcome back to Penn and have a great year.”

College Green will be decorated to reflect a Monopoly board, complete with a “jail,” according to SPEC President and College senior Shana Rusonis.

The Monopoly theme was designed to complement the Provost Office’s Year of Games.

Over 30 student groups on College Green will host various games.
Holy F*ck will offer “intriguing and different electronic music,” SPEC Sound Director and College and Engineering junior William Madden said.

“We chose Holy Fuck because they’re likeable, have a great live act and are an instrumental band, which means that if you’ve not heard of them before, you can still get the music and enjoy the show,” Wharton junior and SPEC Jazz and Grooves Director Brandon Newberg added.

DJ Sega is “locally pretty prominent” and his music “would complement [Holy Fuck] well,” he said.

Rusonis expressed the hope that Fall Fest would bring Penn students together. Planning for the event began in May and the headlining artist was decided mid-summer. “We don’t want to wait any longer. We’re ready to go,” Oppenheimer said.

College senior Hannah Adler plans to attend the event but is playing it safe, expecting neither the worst nor the best. “I thought last year’s [Fall Fest] was fun, but the performers weren’t as big as Spring Fling,” Adler said.