With senior Jeremy Lin’s record-tying performance, the Crimson ended up just six points short in a loss Sunday to No. 14 Connecticut, 79-73.

Despite not scoring in the first 16 minutes of the game, Lin finished with 30 points, tying a career high, and nine rebounds. For his efforts, Lin was awarded Ivy League Player of the Week.

Lin, who played all but three minutes of Sunday’s game, went 11-18 from the floor, shooting 6-8 from behind the free throw line. He also tallied three steals and two blocks against the Huskies.

Harvard entered the contest fresh off a massive 21-point win against Rice on Dec. 2.

In that game, Lin also put up solid numbers, scoring 14 points, with eight rebounds and four steals.

Harvard will travel across the Charles River to face Boston College tomorrow evening.

Markley’s making her mark. The Harvard women’s basketball team added two wins this week, defeating both Holy Cross, 74-57, and Boston University, 85-68, at home.

Recording double-doubles in both games, junior Emma Markley was named Ivy League Women’s Basketball Player of the Week for the second week in a row and the third time this season.

The Yorktown Heights, N.Y., native currently leads the Crimson with 16 points and 6.7 rebounds per game.

Markley was first named player of the week after netting 18 points and setting a career-high 15 rebounds in the Crimson’s season opener against Holy Cross (3-6). She also had two blocks and two steals against the Crusaders.

Additionally, in last week’s bout with Boston University (3-4), she scored 16 points and brought in 10 rebounds for the Crimson.

Big Red beat-down. Cornell men’s basketball notched its fifth straight win, beating the St. Joseph’s Hawks, 78-66.

Four Big Red players scored in double figures including Jon Jacques who — making his first collegiate start — netted 15 points, grabbed two rebounds and tallied an assist and a steal.

Initially, Cornell struggled to maintain possession of the ball, committing 12 turnovers in the first 20 minutes.

Despite their inability to keep control, the Big Red established an early 24-5 lead due in part to its 6-for-13 shooting from the three-point range in the first half.

St. Joe’s came back with a vengeance, and by the end of the half, the score was tied at 30. At the beginning of the second half, however, the Big Red went on an offensive run, scoring 12 consecutive points.

Cornell finished shooting 53 percent from the field, and held the Hawks to just 36 percent.