If the Spring Fling concert sells out tonight or if you are desperate to hear Sonic Youth and are strapped for cash, there might be a way out.

With this year's concert being held in the middle of campus at Wynn Commons, a number of attractive views of the venue might be available from the surrounding academic buildings.

But College senior and Social Planning and Events Committee co-Director Tom Kurland said that the task will not be easy.

"All of Wynn Commons is going to be fenced," Kurland said. "The stage will be totally invisible from outside of the venue."

Spectaguards will also be patrolling the buildings, but Kurland did give some hope for interested parties.

"If a couple of kids happen to watch a show from the bathroom window, we don't care," he said. "But the reality is that no one is going to be able to crowd in those buildings."

Prime spots are still available for those seeking adventure.

College Hall has locations looking south onto the concert area. Two bathrooms and the central staircase of the building provide a spacious atmosphere for watching the show from above.

Logan Hall is filled with luxurious lounges on each floor looking out onto the stage-set, so having connections to the Philosophy, Classical Studies or Religious Studies departments can pay dividends.

However, the situation is further complicated by the early closing times of the academic buildings, so enthusiasts might have to camp out early.

That is, unless they are friends with the numerous history professors whose offices look out onto Wynn Commons.

Houston Hall, which features second- and third-floor standing room, is the exception. It is slated to remain open throughout the concert.

But even with these ways of avoiding paying the $20 ticket charge, Kurland said that Wynn Commons was by far the most convenient venue on campus, and in many cases easier to patrol than any previous venues, including Hill Field and Franklin Field.