Penn's Daniel Rottenberg continued his strong freshman campaign, turning in victories this weekend in Maine against both Colby and Bowdoin. (Theodore Schweitz/DP File Photo)

When Penn men's squash coach Craig Thorpe-Clark does the Quakers' scheduling next year, he might consider adding a few more doubleheader matches to the team's agenda. Just a week after trouncing both Amherst and Rochester 9-0 in successive matches, the Red and Blue picked up another pair of victories over Bowdoin and Colby on Saturday at Bowdoin College in Maine. Penn trounced Colby, 8-1, and knocked off Bowdoin, 6-3, to stretch the Quakers' win streak to four and boost Penn's record to 6-4. "In the last four matches, we have really handed their hats to them," Penn sophomore Elan Levy said. "It's been nice to turn it around after losing big to teams in the beginning of the year." Senior captain Peter Withstandley continued his success against the Red and Blue opponents' top performers by picking up two more victories. He has now won six consecutive matches. Just as the Quakers' leader is a consistent force on the court, Penn's freshmen have been winning on a regular basis as well. Jason Lam, Dan Rottenberg and Matt Vergare all notched two victories this weekend to help the Red and Blue tame the Polar Bears of Bowdoin and White Mules of Colby. "The freshmen came through and won both of their matches," sophomore Sam Miller said. "We were so much deeper than our opponents. Once we got past the No. 4 and No. 5 positions, they didn't have much of a chance." Penn's conditioning, in addition to its depth, has also proved to be an asset. "One of our strengths is to be able to run and keep running when necessary," Miller said. "Craig realized that we have double matches on the weekend and we are in better shape than a lot of the teams," freshman Jason Lam said. "Our conditioning is proving to be a key to our success. We are winning a lot of five-game matches, which shows how the conditioning helps." However, the Quakers are not willing to chalk up their recent success solely to a rigorous training program. "We train the same as any other team," Levy said. "We're a tough team and we are starting to deserve some respect and legitimacy from the top teams in the country." The Red and Blue can certainly earn the respect of the nation's top squash programs if it can cage the formidable Princeton Tigers on Thursday. Penn is hoping the confidence and momentum it gained from its recent doubleheader success will give the Quakers the edge they need to come out on top. "We have our full lineup and things are rolling along pretty well and we'll be pretty tough to beat," Levy said. "They're going to have to bring their 'A' game, and if they don't, we are going to take it to them."