It could be dubbed equal-opportunity technology. The new Kolvox Communications Voice Recognition Product will provide handicapped computer users with the opportunity to do what they never could before -- communicate. The product, which was introduced in February, is a computer program that allows users to instruct their computers to follow commands, simply by using their voices. "Anything you can do with the keyboard and the mouse you can do with your voice," said William Facko, the account executive of University City Computer Corporation. Facko added that an MS-DOS version of the program has existed for two years. However, he explained that unlike the new Kolvox product, the MS-DOS could not switch from "application to application, or program to program." The program is designed to aid those who have lost the use of their hands, paraplegic and quadriplegic individuals, those suffering from carpel tunnel and people who just cannot type, Facko said. The computer responds to a command of "Listen to me." The program then allows the user to dictate documents, capitalize words, type in different colors, cut and paste, fax and even participate in verbal electronic mail. The program guesses at the dictated words that then appear on the screen, Facko explained. If the word that appears is not the desired word, a "Take Box" presents a list of suggested changes. If the word still does not appear correctly, the purchaser can spell the word out using the international alphabet. Facko said he is very excited about the program. "I feel that this is finally going to put the 'personal' into personal computers," he said. "This will make it so user friendly, that this way you can just talk your way through it. And, it's a lot of fun." The program is offered in two separate package options. The OfficeTalk program costs about $1,400 and comes with a vocabulary of 60,000 words, according to Facko. The second package, LawTalk, is designed for attorneys and lawyers. It consists of the same package as OfficeTalk, but has a larger vocabulary, and costs nearly $1,800. Facko said University City Computer Corporation also trains users on how to operate the program. Lessons cost $300 for four hours, and $500 for eight hours.