And the envelope please . . . The envelopes have been sent to the eight winners of the senior awards -- some of the oldest and most prestigious University awards bestowed upon seniors by their peers. The winners of the men's awards -- the spoon, bowl, cane and spade -- are Harold Ford, Kirk Marcolina, John Gamba and Ira Hillman, respectively. Barbara Lewis, Christina Smith, Maureen Hernandez and Helen Jung won the Hottel, Harnwell, Goddard and Brownlee awards respectively. The winners said yesterday they are excited about their honors, which will be presented on Ivy Day, May 16. Nursing student Smith, whose activities included positions on the Senior Class Board and Nursing Student Forum, said she was "excited" to win since "[I] can't remember another Nursing student winning this." College student Lewis -- former president of the Kite and Key Society -- said she was honored to win the Hottel award, especially after learning that it was the oldest women's award on campus. College student Marcolina, who chaired Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian Awareness Days this year and was the station manger of University Television, said he is pleased to know "that the class supports me and what I value." "I am really excited and happy that the Penn community could show its appreciation to an openly gay member of the class," he said. Many of the winners said they are also excited to meet the Ivy Day speaker. "I am excited to be on the same stage as Candice Bergen," College and Wharton student Hillman said. Assistant Director of Student Life Activites and Facilities Albert Moore said he is very "impressed" that the senior class "chose to recognize people who made contributions in many areas." He said the men's awards are wooden and hand-carved by a University alumnus. The women's awards are also wood-carved plaques featuring a certain theme, such as the University crest and an Ivy leaf. Moore said that other student awards were also announced this week. Wharton senior Howard Radzely won the Weiss Memorial Award; Eric Zabinski won the Penn Student Agency Award; and Lewis won the Class of 1946 award. The three Sol Feinstone Awards will be presented to Wharton seniors Brian Butler and Marek Gootman; College seniors Margery Jacobs and Melissa Karz and College junior Rachel Miller; and College senior John Shu.