Carol Kontos-Cohen, director of human resource planning and development in University Life, was named chairperson-elect of the A-1 Assembly, the representative body for administrators and administrative staff, at yesterday's annual meeting. Next semester, Kontos-Cohen will assume the position now held by Benefits Manager Dennis Mahoney, who will become chairperson of the assembly, replacing Linda Hyatt, assistant director of the president's office. Hyatt said that Kontos-Cohen will be an asset to the assembly's leadership. "[She] has a long and distinguished history of University service," Hyatt said. "She knows a lot of people on campus and [will be] extremely effective." An A-1 University employee for the past 12-and-one-half years, Kontos-Cohen worked in the Department of Residential Living for ten years before taking her current post. [I have] the benefit of longevity," she said. The A-1 Assembly is made up of all A-1 employees and is a forum to discuss issues effecting staff members at the University. Kontos-Cohen said one of the important jobs facing the leadership of the assembly next year is maintaining communication between A-1 employees and other University constituencies. "[We are responsible for] staying in touch and making sure [A-1 concerns] are effectively communicated," she said. "[We must] continue to make people feel good about problem solving together." Mahoney said Kontos-Cohen will bring insight to the assembly. "She's a wonderful choice for chair-elect," he said. "I've known her for her professional compentency and good University citizenship." Oter election winners are secretary-elect Sarah Nunn, assistant manager of human resources information management, and Richard Ferraiolo, Pat Hanrahan and Carolyn Hutchings as members-at-large.