Robbers get $3 from student Two boys robbed a graduate student at gunpoint on 40th and Sansom streets at 10:07 p.m. Monday, University Police said yesterday. The robbers did not injure the student, according to University Police Lieutenant Susan Holmes. The two robbers, armed with an object that may have been a rifle, took $3 in cash from the student. The student said the boys were both 5' 5" tall, black and dark-complected, and appeared to be approximately 15 years old. One of the boys was last seen wearing a three-quarters length bright blue winter coat and a baseball cap, and the other was last seen wearing a blue knit hat. Both were last seen fleeing east on Sansom Street. In an unrelated incident, residents caught a would-be burglar who had attempted to steal items from the Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity house twice Monday. Residents of the house reportedly saw the man trying to remove items from inside the house at 3:45 p.m. The residents apparently frightened the man, who dropped the objects and fled. The man returned to the house at 9:45 p.m. and entered the house through a window. Several residents saw the man entering the house and held him at bay until University Police officers arrived to make an arrest shortly afterwards. University Police charged the man with burglary and sent him to the West Detectives Division of the Philadelphia Police Department for investigation. In another unrelated incident, two men were caught stealing the purse of a University employee in Le Bus restaurant at 3402 Sansom Street at 1:37 p.m. yesterday. The woman saw the two men take her purse and confronted them. The men returned the purse and fled the scene. Police arrested the two men minutes later at 38th and Chestnut streets. The complainant filed charges against the man who actually took the purse, and police charged the man with attempted theft. Police released the second man after giving him a warning. In another separate incident, police reported a burglary of an estimated $1022 worth of cleaning equipment from a Physical Plant storage area at 4015 Walnut Street at 7:37 a.m. yesterday. The storage area was also burglarized Monday morning, when $4900 worth of cleaning equipment was stolen. The burglar or burglars, who allegedly committed the crime sometime overnight, took 60 cases of trash bags, one hand truck, two dollies, and two Eureka brand vacuum cleaners. Also, police arrested a man lurking outside the Lower Quadrangle who is wanted by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Corrections for a parole violation. Police sent the man to West Detectives for extradition to Virginia.