A University drug and alcohol task force met yesterday to review general problems with drug and alcohol abuse on campus and in society. Members discussed problems enforcing the fraternity BYOB policy, and off-campus drinking, among other alcohol-related topics. The committee is still in the primary stages of identifying the problems and thinking of ways to deal with them. "We're listening to the problems," said University Life administrator Barbra Cassel. "We haven't gotten to a point where we've set a goal." Cassel said the committee decided there needs to be a number of efforts in enforcement and in education. She said peers need to understand the problems abuses cause and start rejecting irresponsible behavior. "We want to change the whole culture of the community," she said. Interfraternity Council President Jim Rettew said the committee agreed that there needs to be a change in expectations from all members of the University community. Rettew said the University should not expect fraternities to provide a main source of social life on campus, and administrators should not think funding the Social Planning and Events Committee is sufficient. He also said students should not feel drinking is the only way to have fun. Committee members agreed that there is definitely an alcohol problem at the University, but did not make any proposals. "Once we get past the information-collecting process we will develop strategies and make recommendations," Cassel said. The task force, made up of students and administrators, has agreed to meet on a bi-weekly basis. Their next meeting will focus on reviewing existing resources and services and setting goals. Cassel said she would like to see substantial recommendations by the end of the semester.