The Judicial Inquiry Officer is investigating an incident in which a Sigma Chi fraternity brother allegedly punched a University Police officer in the face over the weekend. The interim JIO, Jane Combrinck-Graham, said yesterday that she is also continuing an investigation of the Tau Epsilon Phi fraternity. The TEP investigation is a case which Combrinck-Graham is taking over from former JIO Constance Goodman, who resigned her post in August to become Associate Secretary of the University. Goodman charged TEP in May with violating hazing regulations at least twice during the pledging process last year, but said a third incident was still under investigation. Combrinck-Graham said she is in the "heart of the investigation" and is currently conducting interviews. Goodman said in May that the fraternity could face collectively responsibility charges for the incidents. Charges were brought against at least one individual, Goodman said. In the Sigma Chi case, a brother allegedly punched an officer in the face outside the fraternity house during a party there early Saturday morning, University Police Sergeant Lawrence Fink said earlier this week. The officer was watching the party from Locust Walk when the brother pushed the officer two or three times, Fink said. "When the male was stopped by police he swung, punching the officer in the mouth and knocked off his glasses," Fink said. The name of the brother has not been released by either the police or the house. Sigma Chi President Kevin Scheetz declined to comment on the incident Sunday, but confirmed that the man arrested was a brother in the house.