University students who paid in advance for an upperclass facebook, which they were told would be ready early this school year, said last night they are still waiting for the book to arrive. They said no one from the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., which is publishing the book to raise college scholarship money for area high school students, has contacted them to say when the books will be on campus. But Tony Frazier, the president of Alpha Phi Alpha, said last night the students could expect to receive their copies of the $10 book, called Faces in the Crowd, later this month or early next month. But Frazier would not explain the cause of the delay or say why students had not yet been notified, saying, "I can't speak on that at this time." Many students said they ordered the book because, like the Freshman Record, it would make matching names with faces much easier. Many said they expected the book to be ready by now and that it would have been distributed through CUPID or other start of school activities. "It seemed like a very good idea: an updated directory with pictures," said College senior Jonathan Bing, who said he paid for his copy this summer. "But I don't like spending money for something and not getting what I paid for." Bing said because he respected Alpha Phi Alpha for its involvement in past community programs, he was even more surprised by the fraternity's handling of the situation. Besides the delay, some have wondered what the book's producers have done in cases where students have not provided new photos of themselves. A campus mailer last spring said a student's freshman picture would be used unless a new photo was supplied. But former Alpha president Geoffrey Cousins, who organized the project and has since graduated, said at the time he had not confirmed this with the publishers of the Freshman Record. Albert Moore, the University's assistant director of student activities, has said the fraternity would not have access to the actual pictures used in the Record because he does not keep them once they are used. He said if the new book contains freshman year pictures, as one Alpha brother said they "probably did," they were likely taken from a copy of the Record.