Judicial Inquiry Officer Constance Goodman announced this week that she will step down from her post as JIO in September to assume the position of associate secretary for the University. Goodman added that the ZBT investigation had been completed, but declined to comment on her findings. Goodman, who has served as the JIO since 1986, said Tuesday that she is "excited, but very comfortable" about her move. All of her pending cases will be assumed by an acting JIO on September 1. The JIO is the coordinator of investigations and is responsible for resolving reported violations of the codes of conduct and academic integrity at the University. "The acting JIO may be in for possibly a year," Goodman said. "While University Life conducts a search for the new person." Goodman encouraged the University to choose someone who is already active in the University community. "If I could offer one piece of advice to the new JIO, I would tell them to maintain a balance between the position and his or her personal life." Goodman said that her family is happy that she is changing jobs. She has one son who is entering his senior year at the University and one who is an entering freshman. "My younger son will have a completely diffferent experience ]than my older son[ in that his mother will not be the [University's] assistant principle," Goodman added. Goodman received her Master's degree in the Dynamics of Organization from the University in 1985 and served as dean of women at Drexel University from 1970-1972. She later served as director of the Office for Women in Medicine at Yale University and then assistant to the Vice Provost for University Life at the University from 1981-1986, when she was appointed JIO. "There is never complete satisfaction on both sides," Goodman said. "I guess that's how I got my reputation of being fair, but tough." Goodman's new position is part of a restructuring of the entire Secretary's office, officials said. She will serve as the secretary's coordinator for the Trustees and University Council. Goodman will also staff the Boards of Overseers of the School of Law, the School of Social Work, the University Libraries and the University Museum. "I am absolutely delighted that she will be joining us," said Secretary of the University Barbara Stevens. "We are looking forward to her arrival." Goodman complemented the University for being supportive throughout her JIO years. "I was never pressured into making any particular decision," Goodman said. "And that was important to me."