A funny thing happened yesterday night at Arts House Theatre's new show. It was funny. Very funny. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum is a madcap comedy set on a day in Spring, 200 B.C. It's the story of Hero, a young virgin man, played by Stefan Treatman, who is desperately in love with a young, virgin woman who unfortunately has been sold to an army captain. As the story continues, the young man seeks help from his trusted slave, who in turn tries to get the two lovebirds together so that he may become a free man. Pseudolus the slave, played by College sophomore Gideon Evans, gave an impressive performance that leaves the audience laughing in the aisles with his jolly smile and zany gestures. The show is filled with a slapstick -- Looney Tunes kind of humor that always hits the spot. Props, sound effects and face twitches make for an enjoyable and believable comedy. The talented cast has everything. College sophomore Laurence Wagner was wicked as Hero's father when singing "Everybody Ought to Have a Maid." Wharton sophomore Anthony Angeles plays the annoying master slave Hysterium, who really goes hysterical more than once. Also deserving mention for solid performances are College freshman Daniel Bisbee as the captain and Engineering freshman Marc Weitz and his cortesans-for-sale, who provide some very refreshing burlesque scenes to the delight of some. Music Director Cathy Katona and Orchestra Coordinator Karen Reinhart did an excellent job in setting the tone for the entire show. The soft songs and background music give the show a very authentic feel, blending perfectly with the singing and the acting. Lighting Designer Doug Earhart, an Engineering senior, and Set Designer James Waldrop, a College sophomore, also deserve congratulation. The elaborate two-level stage allows for a very active and diversified performance, while the lighting equipment serves its purpose well, with a nice red heart to go with it. Overall, the show was one of the most well-rounded and funniest shows of the spring semester. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum is a definite must. It will play tonight at 9 p.m. and tomorrow at 8 p.m. in the Houston Hall Auditorium. Tickets cost $5 and will be on sale on Locust Walk and at the door.