Wasserstein, whose The Heidi Chronicles has been playing on Broadway for two years, is scheduled to center her speech around "A Life in the Theatre." The 40-year-old Guggenheim Foundation grant-winner will also participate in two classes -- a theater arts class and an English class. Wasserstein, a Yale University Drama School graduate, wrote the critically-acclaimed Heidi Chronicles, a story of an art historian confronting the lost goals of the women's movement. Wasserstein also had some success with other productions, including writing an off-Broadway play called Uncommon Women and Others and producing Isn't It Romantic a decade later. Wasserstein's presentation will include an introduction by English Professor Cary Mazer and will be followed by a half-hour audience question-and-answer period. A two-hour reception with audience participation is also scheduled to be held at the Sweeten Alumni Center on Locust Walk after the speech. PEN at Penn is a program which brings prominent playwrights, historians, and authors to the University and Wasserstein's visit marks the third such presentation this Spring. It is sponsored by the School of Arts and Sciences and Trustee Saul Steinberg. The presentation will be open free-of-charge to all University students and staff. The speech will be held in room B-1 of Meyerson Hall this afternoon at 4:00 p.m.