The Black InterGreek Council elected its new executive officers Wednesday night, naming College junior Marisa Sifontes president. The Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority sister will replace outgoing President Kathryn Williams. The other new officers are Vice President Marcus Chapman of Alpha Phi Alpha, Recording Secretary Joel Del Rosario of Lambda Upsilon Lambda, Corresponding Secretary Christine Bussey of AKA, Treasurer Vicki Johnson of AKA, and Parliamentarian Ricardo Morcelo of LUL. According to Chapman, the new board will meet today with the outgoing board to hear what its objectives were at the beginning of its term last year, and what it accomplished over the past year. The new BIG-C board will then meet at a later time to build on the old board's recommendations and plan for the next year, Chapman said. Chapman and newly elected President Sifontes both said one of their goals for next year is to increase the unity between Greeks under all three Greek umbrella organizations. "[I want] to show black Greek unity to the rest of the campus then to show Greek unity as a whole," said College junior Chapman. Sifontes said she plans to meet with the presidents of the Interfraternity Council and the Panhellenic Council to discuss Greek unity and other issues facing the three organizations' membership. In addition, Sifontes said she would like to see more events sponsored by the three Greek umbrella groups, and encourage individual fraternities and sororities from the IFC, Panhel, and BIG-C to plan programs together. Sifontes said she hoped she will be a leader for the entire black community and the same community will "see the BIG-C as a resource to be used." "The BIG-C will be doing a lot next year, a whole lot," Sifontes said.