The fair will feature talks by new Police Commissioner John Kuprevich, University Police Director John Logan, Captain John Richardson, President Sheldon Hackney, Senior Vice President Marna Whittington and other University officials. The speeches will begin at noon. Both University and Philadelphia Police officers will be on hand to answer questions and distribute literature outlining programs their departments offer. University Police Spokesperson Sylvia Canada said the department has put on a fair the last three years so faculty, staff and students can meet officers and learn about the department. She said this year's fair comes at a good time, since Kuprevich is just joining the department and some recent crimes have made security a serious concern for students. Canada said students are more receptive to listening to advice from police when they feel the University is in a "crisis situation." Kuprevich, who is still splitting his time between the University and Brown University, met several local and University security officials yesterday at the department's open house. The department opened its station to the public in the late afternoon and offered to show students and faculty its facilities and procedures. Philadelphia Police 18th District officials were also on hand to meet the public and Kuprevich. Kuprevich will be the main speaker at the fair. The fair will also include a raffle with three prizes: a $50 gift certificate for dinner for two at the Penn Tower Hotel, a $25 gift certificate to the Bookstore and a $25 gift certificate for the Houston Hall Mall. -- Patrick O'Donnell