Wai Sum Lee, special projects director of the Penn Consumers Board, said that when PCB members did the survey, they were surprised by the cost of flying between Philadelphia and six major cities -- Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and New Orleans. Lee offered a few tips for students planning to travel by plane during the upcoming holidays. She said that students should always ask for the lowest possible price, including those that call for certain restrictions, such as leaving on a certain day or making early reservations. Lee said this year Eastern Airlines probably has the lowest fares. PCB members could not discern any pattern among airline fares. "The price of flights just don't correlate to the amount of layovers or the time involved in layovers," Lee said. "We couldn't find any pattern to their pricing system." PCB is a non-profit consumer protection agency run by students, specializing in consumer complaints and providing annual surveys of local landlords and merchants. Lee said PCB hopes to conduct the survey again in the spring. For more information on other flights to the six cities, students can call PCB at 898-6000.