A third-year doctoral student died early yesterday morning from injuries he sustained after a car hit him near 30th Street Station Tuesday. Wharton Public Policy and Management doctoral candidate Scott Singer was struck by a car while he was standing on the sidewalk at the intersection of Market Street and John F. Kennedy Boulevard, according to Philadelphia Police. The accident official said yesterday that police could not comment on any specifics of the incident since police are still investigating. Wharton Transportation Program Director Bruce Allen, who supervised Singer for the last three years, called him a "superb student and a superb individual." Allen added that Singer had many friends among faculty and students in the PPM department. "If you were in our offices today, you would have seen a lot of long faces," he said. "It's a tragedy of immense proportions. I'm devastated." The spokesperson, who asked to remain anonymous, said yesterday afternoon that the exact cause of death had not been determined because Singer's body had not yet been examined. Allen said a memorial service for Singer will be held today at the Our Lady of the Assumption Church, located at 35 Old Eagle School Road in Strafford, Pennsyvania. Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs Babara Cassel said yesterday that the Chaplain's Office is organizing an on-campus memorial service but has not yet fixed a date.