The statement extends "support to and solidarity with" Temple graduate students, who have joined Temple's professors in their demand for improved wages and benefits. The statement also calls on Temple's administration to negotiate with graduate student leaders. In addition, some University graduate student leaders are organizing an excursion to Temple on Friday to show support for their fellow graduate students. -- Ed Miller GSAC votes to restructure meetings Graduate Student Associations Council members have unanimously approved a restructuring of their organization's meetings. The move was prompted by a growing concern among Ph.D candidates that their interests were not being adequately represented at the bi-monthly meetings. Rather than break GSAC into two different councils -- one representing SAS students and the other representing Ph.D candidates -- the organization adopted a plan under which issues pertinent to all graduate students will be brought up at the beginning of the meeting, and concerns closely related to SAS students will be reserved for discussion only after other issues are resolved. The SAS-specific issues will be brought up by an SAS advisory committee composed of all graduate students in SAS and other GSAC members interested in remaining for the discussion. "[The resolution] organizes time of GSAC more efficiently," said Lynne Snyder, a GSAC member-at-large. -- Ed Miller