02-23-22-wharton-steinberg-dietrich-hall-sophie-poritzky
Students walk by Steinberg-Dietrich Hall on Feb. 23, 2022. Credit: Sophie Poritzky

The Aresty Institute of Executive Education at the Wharton School announced that Wharton will offer new online programming in the environmental, social, and governance space.

By collaborating with the Wharton ESG Initiative, the Aresty Institute introduced three online executive certificate programs for professionals, senior leaders, and strategists that integrate Wharton’s financial curriculum with contemporary ESG research. Wharton ESG Executive Programming will begin online in April 2023. 

According to Vice Dean of Wharton Executive Education Patti Williams, these programs are designed to help leaders in business and academia address future challenges with ESG integration.

“The future of business is changing at an incredibly accelerated rate,” Williams said in the press release. “We are convening the brightest business and academic minds to spark the much-needed exchange of knowledge and insights, and we’re doing it in an accessible, flexible way.”

Participants will partake in Wharton ESG Essentials, a four-week foundational offering, with the option of continuing their studies for an additional four weeks in one of three Wharton ESG Executive Certificate programs. 

Wharton’s ESG curriculum blends in-class discussions, small-group breakout sessions, role playing, and case work taught by tenured Wharton faculty leaders in contemporary ESG research.

The importance of ESG in the business industry has grown in recent years. Last year, Wharton launched the ESG Initiative, which aims to explore the intersection of business with ESG through research, policy, and education. 

“We are providing an increasingly important set of tools for executives — the skills and strategies to value ESG factors as well as address them — in real time. These are factors that have been left out of the models, left out of the toolkits to businesses’ detriment, and as we’re doing the research that informs the next generation, we want to equip our current leaders for the frontier as well,” Vice Dean and Faculty Director of the Wharton ESG Initiative Witold Henisz said in the press release.