joe-biden
Joe Biden will stop in Bucks County and Luzerne County on Saturday. Credit: Sukhmani Kaur

Joe Biden’s campaign announced plans for the former vice president to make a stop on Saturday in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.

While details about Biden’s visit have not been made public, Biden plans “to speak about building back the economy better for working families and encourage Pennsylvanians to make a plan to vote,” according to the campaign announcement.

Biden will also visit Luzerne County outside of his hometown of Scranton, Lehigh Valley Live reported. In 2012, Luzerne County went to then-President Barack Obama but swung to President Donald Trump in 2016. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton won a slim victory in Bucks Country by less than 2,000 votes in 2016.

Both Biden and Trump have made a number of visits to Pennsylvania in recent weeks in an effort to secure the commonwealth’s 20 electoral votes. Trump has made stops in Scranton and Erie, Lehigh Valley Live reported. Trump is also planning to hold a large-scale rally in Perkasie this week. 

Three recent polls have shown Biden ahead of Trump by at least seven percentage points in Pennsylvania. A poll released by Franklin & Marshall College showed Biden leading 49% to 40% statewide among registered voters.

On Wednesday, Obama visited Philadelphia to campaign for Biden in his first in-person appearance of the campaign. Earlier this month, after Trump backed out of the second scheduled presidential debate, Biden participated in a town hall at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia.