CA Technologies has officially joined the Wharton Mack Institute for Innovation Management as a corporate partner.

CA Technologies, formerly Computer Associates International, is a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest independent software corporations in the world. Its cooperation with the Mack Institute will yield conferences, workshops and research on the use of technology and software in business.

CA Technologies chose to partner with the Mack Institute because of “the great work its experts are doing around a fundamental question: How do I manage innovation in order to survive, compete and thrive?” according to a post on the company’s website by Sid Kumar, global head of Customer Lifecycle Solutions at CA Technologies and a 2009 Wharton MBA graduate .

At the Mack Institute’s Spring Conference 2014 in San Francisco, leaders from CA Technologies and Wharton researchers will discuss creativity and innovation strategies for established firms.

Although specific programs have not yet been confirmed, CA Technologies is interested in cooperating with Wharton students and faculty on research and collaborative projects through a management course, said Saikat Chaudhuri, executive director of the Mack Institute for Innovation Management .

In the fall, the Mack Institute will launch MGMT 892: Mack Institute Research Fellowship with its corporate partners. Wharton undergraduates and MBA students will work with the companies on actual business projects.

Penn students will also benefit from recruitment opportunities that come from the partnership.

“Wharton students and also engineering students are of great interest to [CA Technologies],” Chaudhuri said. “I think they particularly like the interdisciplinary approach, so M&T students would find it interesting. ”

Chaudhuri added that the class-based collaborative projects might also lead to job offers.

Currently, the Mack Institute has 14 partners in a range of industries, such as aerospace, defense, pharmaceuticals and data solutions and IT. NASA, Hertz and Nissan are among the list of corporate partners.