View Crime Map: October 25 – November 1 in a larger map

Theft:
On or around campus between Oct. 25 and Nov. 1, there were seven thefts from building, all of items that were left unsecured. There were four bike thefts — one bike was left unsecured, one was locked with a cable lock and two were locked with a U-lock. There was one other additional theft.

Burglary:
Nov. 1 — A 43-year-old unaffiliated male of the 900 block of Almshouse Road broke into a hotel room in the Inn at Penn at 3600 Sansom Street using a stolen room key at around 10:20 a.m. The suspect took cash from 66-year-old unaffiliated female guest’s pocketbook. When the guest returned, the suspect was hiding behind the hotel room door. The suspect was subsequently arrested and the cash was recovered.

Assault:
Oct. 29 — A 24-year-old unaffiliated male of the 200 block of S. 57th Street, who was released from Penn Police for a prior disorderly conduct, approached a police officer at the 4000 block of Walnut Street at around 5:45 a.m. When the offender was asked to leave, he became irate and began fighting the officer.

DUI:
Oct. 31 — A police officer observed a vehicle parked in the wrong direction on a one-way street at the 3800 Block of Chestnut Street at 2:10 a.m. Upon further investigation, the suspect appeared disoriented, had slurred speech, and there was a strong odor of alcohol on his breath. The 27-year-old unaffiliated male of the 300 block of N. Wiota Street was subsequently taken into custody.
Oct. 28 — A 39-year-old unaffiliated male of the 7200 block of Germantown Avenue was observed driving a vehicle without lights on and without remaining in his lane at around 1:10 a.m. When police pulled him over, the offender smelled of alcohol and had glassy eyes and was subsequently taken into custody.

All information provided by the Division of Public Safety.