Sandy may have felled trees and closed classes, but it couldn’t stop the Penn Political Coalition from forging ahead with its Political Action Week this week.

PoCo, an umbrella group of 15 member organizations, originally scheduled the week to start on Monday, but all of that night’s and Tuesday’s events were canceled or rescheduled due to Hurricane Sandy.

The week now includes 10 events that aim to discuss key policy issues in this year’s presidential election.

Tonight, the Penn Democrats are hosting Christopher Lu, President Obama’s cabinet secretary and co-chair of the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.

Students can enjoy a free screening of “2016: Obama’s America” tomorrow night. Hosted by College Republicans, the documentary — directed by the producer of “Schindler’s List,” Gerald Molen, and conservative author Dinesh D’Souza — will explore the implications of Obama’s current policies in 2016.

Events will continue through Friday, when the week will end with a schmoozer in Houston Hall that afternoon.

“The idea for Political Action Week really started with … PoCo’s mission, which is to help facilitate collaboration with our member groups and enhance what they already do,” College senior and PoCo chairman Isabel Friedman said.

Organizers had been deliberating whether to push the week back completely because of Hurricane Sandy, but ultimately decided to go full speed ahead. “We realized [even] with Sandy … we still have a presidential election coming up,” Friedman said.

This is the first major collaborative project the Penn Political Coalition has been behind since it was founded this January.

_This article has been updated to reflect that the Penn Political Coalition has 15 member organizations, and not 10. _