Just in time for New Student Orientation, the Budweiser Made in America Festival is coming to Philadelphia’s Benjamin Franklin Parkway on Sept. 1 and 2.

The city’s largest music festival in years will feature about 30 different performers. Jay-Z, who spearheaded the event, will headline the Saturday night concert, and will be accompanied by performers throughout the weekend like Pearl Jam, Skrillex, Miike Snow and Drake, among others.

Although Made in America overlaps with NSO — a notorious weekend for both on-campus parties and student-organized downtown events — the Penn community figures to be well-represented at the concert.

Some students believe going to the concert will enhance the NSO experience, not take away from previously planned on-campus events.

“The timing is perfect — right during NSO,” College sophomore Leland Chamlin said. “I’m excited about seeing all my friends. I really could care less about the majority of the music.”

Other students attending, however, are going to see the extensive lineup of performers and enjoy the concert atmosphere.

College senior Greg Bonnem, who is going to Made in America, said he is most excited to see lesser-known performers like Janelle Monáe, Afrojack and The Knock.

“Since it’s outside and on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, it should be sweet,” he said.

There will also be no shortage of incoming freshmen at the festival, as many Class of 2016 students are planning to venture off campus on their first NSO nights.

“People always bring positive vibes to festivals, and Made in America seems like the perfect way to start off NSO weekend,” Wharton and College freshman Jorge Barriga said.

“This is going to be my first concert ever and it will give me a great chance to explore the city that I’ll be living in for next four years,” Wharton freshman Chad Payne said. “It’s the perfect complement to the NSO week.”

Tickets for the festival have been on sale since the end of May, with general admission passes now ranging from $150-$175. Some have cited the high cost of tickets as reasons why they will not attend.

“I can’t afford to pay $175 in the beginning of the semester for this,” Wharton sophomore Amanda Triglia said.

For those not attending Made in America, there is still an opportunity to see the performances. Producers Ron Howard and Brian Grazer are planning to make a film documenting the two-day festival.

“The fact that a movie will be made about the festival makes it seem like organizers will try to create an experience unlike that of any other festival,” Barriga said.

Because of the large number of performers, three separate stages will host the musical acts. The main stage will be located in front of the iconic steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. According to the Associated Press, Made in America is the first concert hosted on the Parkway to require paid admission.

The AP also reported in an Aug. 24 article that 100,000 concertgoers are expected to be at Made in America this weekend.

“What’s more patriotic than you and a couple thousand of your fellow patriots jamming out to a lineup of national superstars in the middle of the city where America was born?” Nursing sophomore Nick Giordano said.