This past Thursday, I fulfilled my annual religious duty to attend the Mask & Wig spring show at their clubhouse. After 124 years of producing shows, their latest — “A Reptile Dysfunction” — continues to live up to the great tradition of the notoriously wild and wacky all-male musical comedy troupe.

I’m not sure if it was because this is my second semester senior year or because I sat in the “spit zone” for this performance, but I wholeheartedly enjoyed their show more than ever before. A parody of your classic fairytale, ““A Reptile Dysfunction”:http://www.maskandwig.com/tickets.html” reminded me a lot of my favorite animated film, Shrek. As in Shrek, there’s an absurd dragon character feared by most townspeople and conniving royalty plotting against kin. But no pair of 3D glasses can provide the same interactive experience these self-proclaimed “Wiggers” do. And given the intimate size of the theatre in the Mask & Wig Clubhouse, the Mask & Wig crew brilliantly endows the audience with an unparalleled theatrical, musical and all-around hysterical experience.

Not only was the show executed with pizzazz, but Mask & Wig also puts in painstaking effort to construct an entire “Mask & Wig” experience for each attendee. After the show, I joined the Wig crew and other fans for a few toasts to Dear Old Penn and enjoyed watching reenactments of some of their most famous skits. Wiggers, you do a great job getting the crowd to love you (and want to be one of you) by the end of the night.

Jibran Khan is a College and Wharton senior and the 2012 Class Board President. His email address is jibran@wharton.upenn.edu.