One would expect that the braggadocio with which the Ivy Hoops Roundup has chronicled the season so far would die hard this week. That after the wind was taken from Penn’s proverbial sails, by none other than the frequently lampooned Big Red, this ship would sink.

But where’s the fun in that? Hard-a-lee!

Party in the city where the heat is on. For those of you subjected to listening to Cornell’s radio broadcast on Friday’s game against Penn, two words rang clear over the night time FM waves: Miaaaaami Max!

Senior transfer Max Groebe had averaged just five and a half points per game for the Big Red until Friday, when he lit up the Quakers (3-4 Ivy) for 21 points on 6-for-8 shooting from behind the arc — a career high on all accounts.

And though Cornell (2-5) put up a fight against league leading Princeton (7-0) on Saturday, losing 57-55, Groebe returned to his normal North Beach self, going 0-fer on four attempts, all from behind an arc that was so kind to him the night before.

Never say never. After surviving a scare from Yale on Friday night, Harvard (7-1) finally got to see Brown’s heralded freshman Josh Biber in 3D.

Okay, they saw him sit on the bench as the Crimson won 85-78 in Boston. Harvard’s big boys Kyle Casey and Keith Wright combined to shoot 16-for-21.

Meanwhile, Brown’s resident scoring wizard Sean McGonagill disappointed with a lousy 18-point performance to lead the Bears (2-6).

The man-baby. The Bulldogs recovered quickly from their narrow loss to Harvard, carried on the giant shoulders of freshman Greg Mangano, who scored 30 points in a 69-60 win over struggling Dartmouth (1-7).

“We’re all looking for Greg because we know he can deliver,” Elis guard Austin Morgan told the Yale Daily News.

At 6-foot-10, 240 pounds, Greg shouldn’t ever be that hard to find.

Out of the basement. Columbia finds itself at 4-4 after a weekend split hosting Princeton and Penn somewhere below ground level.

Before taking apart the Quakers, the Lions were dismantled by Princeton, 76-46 on 23 points from Ian Hummer.

Columbia did its part to outrule any upset, failing to score a field goal in the last 15 minutes of the game.