02211crimelog

An interactive map of crime committed within the Penn Patrol Zone for the week of Jan. 21-27. Related: Crime log: Jan. 21-27

Robbery

Jan. 24 — A female employee of the University, 32, reported that someone forcibly took her cell phone and fled in an unknown direction at about 8:00 p.m. on the 4000 block of Spruce Street.

Assault

Jan. 26 — An unknown suspect was reported to have thrown hot coffee on a security guard at about 7:30 p.m. at Fresh Grocer.

Jan. 23 — A man unaffiliated with the University, 24, reported that he was assaulted by several unknown suspects at about 9:15 a.m. on the 300 block of S. 40th Street.

Vandalism

Jan. 26 — A man unaffiliated with the University, 25, reported that someone broke a window to his vehicle at about 5:30 p.m. on the 4200 block of Spruce Street.

Jan. 23 — A male student, 22, reported that someone broke a window to his vehicle at about 11:53 a.m. on the 200 block of S. 41st St.

Jan. 23 — A female student, 21, reported at about 3:15 a.m. that an unknown suspect broke a side mirror on her vehicle on the 4000 block of Irving Street.

Theft

Jan. 27 — Robert Cole, 63, of the 400 block of N. Salford St and unaffiliated with the University, was arrested for allegedly taking merchandise without rendering payment8 at about 1 p.m at Fresh Grocer, located at 40th and Walnut streets.

Jan. 26 — A woman unaffiliated with the University, 57, reported that someone removed her unattended wallet at about 7 p.m. at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

Jan. 26 — A male employee of the University, 59, reported that unattended cash was removed by an unknown suspect at about 11:45 a.m. at the Penn Tower Hotel.

Jan. 26 — A man unaffiliated with the University, 23, reported that someone entered his secured vehicle and removed a GPS device left in plain view at about 8 a.m. on the unit block of S. 41st Street.

Jan. 26 — A woman unaffiliated with the University, 44, reported that an unknown suspect removed her unattended cellphone at about 7:15 a.m. at the HUP.

Jan. 26 — A male student, 24, reported that an unknown suspect entered his secured vehicle and took a phone that was left in plain view at about 6:30 a.m. on the 4000 block of Pine Street.

Jan. 25 — A male student, 22, reported that someone entered his unsecured locker and removed his bag at about 5:00 p.m. at Pottruck Fitness Center.

Jan. 25 — A female student, 35, reported that an unknown suspect entered her secured vehicle and removed a GPS device that was left in plain view at about 4:45 p.m. on the 4100 block of Locust Street.

Jan. 25 — A male student, 21, reported that someone entered his secured vehicle and removed a GPS device that was left in plain view at about 10:00 a.m. on the 200 block of S. 41st Street.

Jan. 24 — A male student, 20 reported that someone took his unattended iPod left in plain view at about 3:30 p.m. at Claudia Cohen Hall.

Jan. 24 — An unknown suspect was reported to removed merchandise without rendering payment at about 11:45 a.m. at the Penn Computer Connection.

Jan. 24 — A male employee of the University, 43, reported that his secured personal property was taken by someone at about 9:15 a.m. at the Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine.

Jan. 23 — A female student, 24, reported that an unknown suspect entered her secured vehicle and removed a wallet left in plain view at about 4:00 p.m. on the 200 block of S. 41st Street. All information was provided by the Division of Public Safety.