View Crime map: Oct. 8-14 in a larger map
Assault

Oct. 9 — Esdras Taylor, 35, unaffiliated with the University and of the 2600 block of South Carroll Street, was arrested at about 1:30 a.m. for allegedly assaulting a police officer at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

Burglary

Oct. 14 — At about 3:15 a.m., an unknown suspect was reported to have attempted to gain entry into Cream and Sugar Bakery, at 4004 Spruce St.

Vandalism

Oct. 8 — At about 2:45 a.m., a unknown suspect was reported to have broken a window at Houston Hall.

Theft

Oct. 14 — A female student, 18, reported at about 10 p.m. that an unknown suspect took her unattended wallet in Huntsman Hall.

Oct. 14 — A female student, 27, reported at about 1:30 p.m. that someone removed her phone from her unattended purse in Huntsman Hall.

Oct. 13 — A woman unaffiliated with the University, 81, reported at about 10:45 a.m. that an unknown suspect took her unattended purse at Nan Restaurant, at 4000 Chestnut St.

Oct. 13 — A male student, 20, reported at 9:15 p.m. that someone took his unsecured bicycle from the 3900 block of Baltimore Avenue.

Oct. 13 — A female student, 26, reported at about 4:15 p.m. that someone took her unattended personal items at the Schattner Building, at 240 S. 40th St.

Oct. 13 — A female student, 18, reported at about 1:15 p.m. that someone entered her unsecured room on the 3900 block of Spruce Street and removed cash.

Oct. 12 — A female University employee, 24, reported at about 9:45 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed cash from her unattended purse at Drinker’s West, at 3900 Chestnut St.

Oct. 12 — A woman unaffiliated with the University, 20, reported at 8 p.m. that an unknown suspect removed her secured bicycle from the unit block of 40th Street.

Oct. 11 — A female student, 28, reported at about 3:30 p.m. that someone took her unattended wallet at Leidy Laboratories.

Oct. 10 — Two male juveniles, 16 and 13, were arrested at about 9:15 p.m. for allegedly taking a female student’s purse from her person on the 3400 block of Spruce Street.

Oct. 9 — A male juvenile unaffiliated with the University, 16, reported at about 3:30 p.m. that someone took his unattended cell phone on the 3900 block of Locust Walk.

Oct. 9. — A female student, 29, reported at about 1:45 p.m. that an unknown suspect took her unattended bag at Capogiro, located on 3935 Walnut St.

Oct. 8. — Joseph Cureton, 19, unaffiliated with the University and of the 300 block of East Erie Avenue, was arrested at about 9:30 p.m. for allegedly taking a student’s bicycle that was secured to a porch railing on the 4000 block of Baltimore Avenue.

Oct. 8 — Christopher Washington, 23, unaffiliated with the University and of the 4400 block of Sansom Street, and Sameer Wingfield, 19, unaffiliated with the University and of the 2400 block of Wharton Street, were arrested at about 12:30 p.m. for allegedly taking merchandise from Urban Outfitters, at 110 S 36th St., without paying.