Cornell junior and reigning Ivy Pitcher of the Year Elizabeth Dalrymple had one word to say to the Quakers as they bid to overtake the Big Red in the Ivy South Division

“No.”

The Quakers fell short, losing three of four, including a complete-game no-hitter from Dalrymple on Sunday.

In the first game Saturday , sophomore Chelsea Ott started, facing Dalrymple. Though Penn came out of the gate strong, knocking around Dalrymple for three runs in the first inning, the fast start wasn’t enough to propel the Quakers (13-18, 7-5 Ivy) to victory.

Cornell (24-11, 10-2) answered back with three runs in the third and didn’t stop there, as the Quakers ultimately succumbed to a close 5-4 defeat.

In the nightcap, Cornell’s bats were hot from the get go, with their leadoff hitter Alyson Intihar hitting a home run off of sophomore Cailyn Hennessy.

Hennessy gave up five runs in five innings before being replaced by junior Taylor Tieman who inherited a 5-5 tied ball game.

Tieman, who originally started the season as Penn’s strongest pitcher, gave up eight runs in two innings, receiving the 13-5 loss.

“Taylor’s been called for a few illegal pitches, and it has effected her mentally,” coach Leslie King said. “It’s hard to change your pitching style at this point in your career.”

In the first game on Sunday, Penn could not garner a single hit against Dalrymple and was shut out in the 6-0 complete-game no-no, her career first. The Cornell ace struck out eight and allowed only two Penn batters to reach base.

“You’ve got to give credit to Elizabeth Dalrymple,” King said.

Tieman took the loss, her fourth of the season, giving up six runs in her complete outing. Her earned run average dropped to of 4.25.

The Quakers came back in their final game, with a 9-6 victory, their first against the Big Red since 2007.

However, Ott, who is recovering from off-season knee surgery, was hit in the left shin by a rocket from Shannon Crane in the bottom of the fifth inning — though she still managed to recover and put out Crane at first.

“I was just happy that I kicked the ball over to Kelsey [Wolfe] to get the out,” Ott said.

Hurting, Ott got out of a fifth inning jam and finished the rest of the game.

Despite the final win, Penn now trails Cornell by four games in its division.