An Ivy title is no longer in the hands of the four Penn seniors looking to add another championship to their impressive collegiate record.

The Quakers lost 8-1 to Harvard Saturday, leaving the Crimson in sole possession of first place. The league championship hinges on Harvard’s trip to Yale Friday. If the Crimson win, they secure the title outright.

“Harvard seized the opportunity,” said Penn squash coach Jack Wyant from their long bus ride back to Philadelphia. “My overall impression is that Harvard was the better team.”

With a top ranking and an 8-0 record on the season, the numbers would agree.

But Wyant remains optimistic.

“I really feel like we can compete with that team, and on our best day, we can win,” he said.

Penn’s sole win came in the No. 3 spot as Sydney Scott took down June Tiong in four games.

At the No. 7, Penn’s Yarden Odinak took Johanna Snyder to a fifth game before losing 13-11.

Traveling to Dartmouth yesterday, the Quakers’ 9-0 sweep of the Big Green (3-8, 0-5 Ivy) was likely little consolation for the Penn players who strung together a 5-1 Ivy record and went 11-2 overall this season.

Wyant said he was impressed with Kristen Lange’s performance in the No. 1 spot, beating Dartmouth standout freshman Valeria Wiens.

But as Wyant pointed out, “the season’s not over.”

Though the Quaker’s Ivy title hopes may sit in the hands of the Harvard-Yale matchup later this week, Penn will now focus on the Howe Cup. This intercollegiate women’s team squash championship will be held at the end of the month.