[Toby Hicks/The Daily Pennsylvanian] Strikes Bowling Lounge at 4040 Locust streets will soon be home to the third Philadelphia branch of popular local ice cream destination Scoop deVille. The location will soon be offering home deliveries.

Popular local ice cream shop Scoop deVille is planning to open a new location on Locust Street between 40th and 41st streets on Monday.

The new branch -- the store's third location -- will be in the Strikes Bowling Lounge. The other two are in Rittenhouse Square and Houston Hall.

Planning on the new shop started about a month ago, when Scoop deVille owner Sue Shore mentioned that she could imagine one of her shops fitting in nicely in the bowling alley while dropping off cakes.

Strikes co-owner Matt Canno agreed, and they began to plan.

The new Scoop deVille will differ from its Houston Hall counterpart, which opened in April. Instead of closing at 8 p.m., the new locale will open at 7 p.m. and close at 2 a.m. It will also cater to University students who live nearby by offering deliveries within a four-block radius. Deliveries can be called in or ordered online.

Another change for the new shop will be an extra "kick" in Scoop deVille's ice cream smoothies. Drinks such as "the Ultimate Hawaii," which is already served at other Scoop deVille stores, will be available at the bar in Strikes with a splash of rum.

Owners of both establishments say they are are excited about the dynamic they hope the combination will create near campus.

Strikes and Scoop deVille "market to similar crowds [and] appeal to both college and grad students," Canno said, adding that being together is a valuable way to spread the word around the community.

Shore is also excited about being part of the college community. "I'm very excited to be part of that campus feeling," Shore said. "It's fun."

Students at Penn are also interested in the combination of the two establishments.

Although he has not yet been to Strikes, College freshman Michael Ceurvorst said that the addition of the ice cream parlor will make him want to go to the alley more.

"I think ice cream in general makes things more attractive," Ceurvorst said.