[Scott Hong/DP File Photo] The Greek Lady food truck, shown here on Spruce Street last spring, has new owners. The company found it difficult to manage both a restaurant and cart.

For the first time in 20 years, the Greek Lady stopped serving food from its cart at 37th and Spruce streets -- and hardly anyone has noticed.

College junior Marc Goldberg, who was waiting in line for a hot roast beef and Swiss sandwich, did not even realize that the cart -- which has changed hands but retains both its location and most of its menu -- was no longer the Greek Lady.

Still, Goldberg said he would probably continue to eat there because it was so convenient.

Dimitrios Dimopoulos, Greek Lady owner and son of Olga and Christo -- the original owners of the popular campus staple who continued to operate the cart until recently -- said, "My parents worked in the carts for 25 years. It's not that they don't want to do that kind of work anymore, but physically ... they are older now."

The Dimopoulos family sold the cart and the license over the winter holidays and is not planning on using the truck that used to be located at 38th and Locust streets anymore, either.

"Right now I am just trying to keep this store running, our customers happy and the quality of food high in the restaurant," Dimopoulos said, noting that it was difficult running all three businesses.

But Dimopoulos will not be alone in the restaurant, located on 40th Street. His parents will both be working there during the mornings, a relief to the many students who count Olga as a friend.

"The food in the restaurant is as good as, if not better than, the trucks, but I will miss talking to the old lady. She made my mornings," said College junior Bob Frisch, a self-confessed big Greek Lady fan.

But while many patrons are happy to go to the restaurant, many miss the convenience of the carts. Frisch, eating a hoagie from Hemo's, placed himself among them.

College senior Dan Corren -- who ate at the truck on 38th Street every day of his sophomore year -- said, "After two and a half years of loyal patronage, they have deserted me, and I am saddened."

Tim Wells -- who works in the Biomedical Library -- said that he generally does not go past 39th Street for lunch and consequently has not yet eaten at the restaurant.

"But because they have delivery, maybe I will get it when it rains," Wells said.

And not all students are happy about the sale of the Greek Lady cart.

"I don't like it one bit," College freshman Doug Behrman said, before adding that he would probably give the new operators a try.

The continued patronage of the cart, now renamed "Sonic," would please the man who bought the cart from Dimopoulos.

The new owner said that while business remains strong, customers still ask for Olga all the time.